Marketing & Communications Director, New York, NY
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1980, TCC Group is a mission-driven consulting firm and certified B Corporation committed to creating a more equitable and just society.
With a depth of experience, creative thinking, and practical wisdom, TCC Group partners with a wide range of organizations who are advancing social change. TCC Group develops strategies and programs that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of nonprofit organizations, philanthropies, and corporate citizenship programs. With a deliberate collaborative approach that integrates community voices into its work, TCC Group is committed to helping its partners address complex social problems.
TCC Group provides core services in Strategy, Evaluation & Learning, Capacity Building, Grantmaking & Foundation Management, Initiative Design & Implementation, Stakeholder Engagement, Strategic Communication, Governance, Theory of Change/Indicators & Measures Development, and Landscape Analysis. TCC Group is organized into five business units: Philanthropic Services, Corporate Services, Nonprofit Strategy and Capacity Building Services, Evaluation and Learning, and Integrative Initiatives.
Led by a diverse team of experienced, entrepreneurial, dedicated, and mission-driven thought leaders with expertise across the spectrum of issue areas ranging from health to social justice to arts and culture to corporate citizenship, etc., TCC Group is at the forefront of applying innovative approaches for optimal social impact. TCC Group is a true learning organization with everyone committed to learning, evolving, and applying innovative approaches to partner with its clients to achieve optimal social impact.
With its headquarters in Manhattan, TCC Group also has an office in Philadelphia.
WHO WE SEEK
The Marketing & Communications Director will have a firm understanding, passion, and commitment to effect social change. The Director must have a high level of energy, initiative, and entrepreneurship. With expertise and creativity in marketing, branding, and communications, the Director will support and inspire the staff, including the dynamic practice leads to effectively promote the firm's services and experiences. Key to the Director's success will be the ability to develop, operationalize, and implement a marketing and communications plan and to share learnings internally and externally to promote thought leadership and business development. Always ahead of the curve, the Director must employ forward-thinking approaches to convey TCC Group's messages and successes.
The Director must have high emotional intelligence and be able to simultaneously manage multiple assignments. The successful Director will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced social enterprise with colleagues who are deeply committed to advancing positive social change.
TCC Group seeks a Marketing & Communications Director responsible for leading its marketing and communication efforts. More specifically, the Director will create and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy, working closely with the CEO and practice leads. The Director will:
- Champion and steward TCC Group's brand, including messaging, positioning, and visual identity.
- Develop and execute multiyear marketing strategy that identifies clients, channels, and activities to drive sustainable mission-related growth.
- Leverage media to create awareness of TCC Group's capabilities through traditional PR, publications, and social media.
- Actively scan sector to remain current on new developments, and position TCC Group to contribute and maintain its reputation as a respected thought leader.
- Actively promote consistent messaging in all TCC Group internal and external communications.
- Support Knowledge Management efforts through cross-department communication, training, and learning.
- Help the firm capitalize on its diverse thought leadership and product development through strategic communications program design, development, and follow-up.
- Strong commitment to TCC Group's values, vision, and mission.
- BA and advanced degree or equivalent experience required.
- Approximately 10 years of experience in a related role with social sector experience and deep knowledge of the field.
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Strong grammar, writing, and editing skills.
- Experience with web content management and social media.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Strategic, creative thinker who understands how to leverage the TCC Group brand to strengthen and grow the organization.
- Strong collaborator; independent thinker with excellent judgment.
- Experienced and creative communicator.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, and accept new challenges.
- Customer-service oriented with experience with a professional services firm.
TCC Group, an equal opportunity employer, seeks a diverse pool of candidates and will offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Applications, including cover letters and r sum s, and nominations should be sent to the attention of Paul Spivey at TCCGroup@PhillipsOppenheim.com.